Resources for Growth in a Tough Economy
~ Tuesday, April 26, 2011 from 10:30-noon ~
UW-River Falls Hudson Center
2501 Hanley Road, 2nd Floor
Featured guests include:
- John Ward, U.S. Export Assistance Office, U.S. Department of Commerce will share ways the USEAC can help businesses begin to export – by helping identify markets, developing effective market-entry strategies, facilitating implementation of strategies, and providing assistance in obtaining trade finance.
- Kim Kindschi, Small Business Development Center and Executive Director of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development at UW Extension will discuss grant opportunities available to small businesses and ways UW Extension can advocate for small businesses in securing funding, patents, starting up a business, and utilizing the vast resources in the UW System.
- Steve DeWald, Director of UWRF Small Business Development Center will talk about entrepreneurship and how to put together a successful business plan.
- Alan Gregerson and Ann Makres, IRS Regional Stakeholder Liaisons will speak to the tax benefits that small businesses can take advantage of.
- A Wisconsin Small Business Administration representative has been invited to detail lending to small and start-up businesses.
Attendees also include representatives from the Community Bankers and the Wisconsin Credit Union League to answer questions regarding lending and the credit market. In addition, Wendy Baumann, President of the Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation will be in attendance.
The event will kick off with a panel discussion by the above feature guests. Featured panelists will discuss several federal resources available to small businesses. Panelists will guide business owners through accessing funding and taking advantage of such resources including tax credits, business initiatives, planning, and more.
Panelists and featured guests will then take questions and work individually with business owners on questions and concerns.
For more information, contact Brad Smith with Kind’s office at 608-782-2558.
Rep. Ron Kind, Representing Wisconsin’s Third Congressional District www.kind.house.gov