The Synergy Conference 2010 will offer global and regional economic perspectives at the annual Synergy Conference Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at The Plaza Conference Center in Eau Claire. The Conference will serve as a catalyst for discussions on:
* Partnering with educational institutions to develop a stronger, highly skilled workforce to position the region for economic growth
* Funding, promoting and supporting entrepreneurship in the region and state
* UW System’s Research to Jobs Initiative and the future impacts for the region
* Connecting businesses to advance ideas and common initiatives
* Richard C. Longworth, Senior Fellow, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, will discuss the Midwest’s precarious economic, political and social condition, offering a prescription for economic changes for survival and prosperity. He is the author of the book, Caught in the Middle: America’s Heartland in the Age of Globalism.
* John Monson, Vice President, Rural Capital Markets, AgStar Financial Services, will focus on finding opportunities for collaboration between public and private interests leading to the advancement of economic development in our region.
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 2010 Conference Host. Consortium Partners: UW-Stout, UW-River Falls, UW-Barron County, CVTC, WITC.
For more information, see the details online at www.thesynergyconference.com or contact conference manager Mindy Means, UW-Stout Professional Education Programs and Services, 715-232-5270.